TO RECEIVE YOUR CME/CPD CERTIFICATE
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. The process takes about 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of CME/CPD accreditation and helps improve future educational offerings.
Before July 6, 2015:
1. Access the online system via any of the following
- Visit the following link
- Visit the CME/CPD Accreditation page on the event website
- Follow the link in the email sent at the end of the event
2. Complete the anonymous online evaluation
3. Complete the credit claim form* and submit
4. The CME/CPD certificate will be available for download; fill-in and retain for your personal records
*Please note that Pre-Conference ISBD Courses are not included in the main event CME/CPD credit. Only afternoon sessions taking place on Wednesday, June 3, 2015 have been awarded for 1.5 Section 1 credits. Medical specialists who attended the sessions should claim 1.5 Section 1 credits.
After participating in this educational event, learners should be able to:
- Address diagnosis in adults and children using the new DSM-5 classification and going beyond that in real world clinical practice
- Assess how to treat (psychologically and pharmacologically) patients with bipolar disorder
- Identify symptoms and risk factors which are helpful in recognizing bipolar disorder, and which may be "red herrings"; clinicians and researchers will discuss both research and clinical needs
- Create awareness for Bipolar Disorders and to improve mental health around the globe
- Review the most important aspects of diagnosis and treatment of Bipolar Disorders and examine the latest achievements in the field.
- Enhance the dialogue between psychiatrists and researchers as a means of further developing individual expertise
ISBD 2015 is the global meeting place for international scientists and clinicians in the field of Psychiatry, especially Bipolar Disorders. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants are able to tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT AND CREDIT DESIGNATION
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Section 1
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto up to a maximum of 21.5 Section 1 credits.
The American Medical Association - AMA PRA Category 1
Through an agreement between the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert Royal College MOC credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert Royal College MOC credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme
European Union for Medical Specialists (UEMS) ECMEC
Live educational activities, occurring in Canada, recognized by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) are deemed by the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) eligible for ECMEC®."
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
|Wednesday, June 3, 2015*||1.5|
|Thursday, June 4, 2015||7.5|
|Friday, June 5, 2015||7.5|
|Saturday, June 6, 2015 ||5|
DISCLOSURE AND RESOLUTION OF PERSONAL CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
- Please click here for the speaker disclosure information